So here is the problem: I do not drink enough water. I used to. When I used to sit at a desk all day I drank loads of it. Gallons of it. I had this 1 liter water bottle that I filled up constantly. I also had to pee about every 15 minutes. But it was good because I felt hydrated. And maybe a little bloated. But whatever.
These days I don’t really drink enough of it. Here are some stats I found online. Note that they must be true given the fact that I found them online. Any, well, everything you read online is by definition, true.
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half the world population.)
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain or up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a ! printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
So there ya go. I would suggest that we all drink more water. I am going to try. You should too.